On Monday we began a list of the riches we enjoy because of God’s G.R.A.C.E.–God’s Riches at Christ’s Expense.
Or, as Matthew Henry defined God’s grace: the free, undeserved goodness and favor of God to mankind.
And because our God loves us so very much, his grace is multi-faceted. Thus far I’ve discovered forty-seven aspects of God’s grace. On Monday I shared twenty-three; here are the remaining twenty-four.
24. An unshakable KINGDOM, as a promised inheritance (James 2:5).
25. Everlasting LOVING-KINDNESS that draws us to him (Jeremiah 31:3).
26. Rich MERCY that spares us from what we really deserve (Ephesians 2:4-5).
27. Wonderful NEWNESS of Life with Christ, who is our constant companion (Romans 6:4).
28. Deep PEACE, because God’s children have nothing to fear (John 14:27).
29. A positive PERSPECTIVE, to see good in the bleakest of circumstances (Philippians 1:12-18).
30. A privileged POSITION as members of a royal priesthood, because through Christ we belong to God (1 Peter 2:9).
31. God’s joyful PRESENCE, which makes our hearts glad (Psalm 21:6).
32. Flourishing PROSPERITY of soul, because our confidence is in God, for his provision and protection (Psalm 128:1-2).
33. Personalized PURPOSE, to fulfill a God-ordained plan (Jeremiah 29:11).
34. Full QUALITY of Life, as a child of the King (John 10:10).
35. An intimate RELATIONSHIP with Almighty God, like two good friends having dinner together (Revelation 3:20).
36. Quiet REST, as we allow him to handle our worries and fears, heal our hurts, and relieve our guilt (Matthew 11:28-30).
37. Generous REWARD for whatever good we do (Ephesians 6:8).
38. Eternal SALVATION incredibly given to us as a free gift (Romans 6:23).
39. Life-changing SATISFACTION, because God’s love and power are at work in us (Psalm 63:2-5).
40. Firm SECURITY that God will never fail us (Lamentations 3:22).
41. The all-sufficient STRENGTH of God to equip us for life’s challenges (2 Corinthians 12:9).
42. An unending SUPPLY of everything we will ever need (Philippians 4:19).
43. God’s abiding THOUGHTFULNESS of each of us, 24-7 (Psalm 139:17-18).
44. The absolute TRUTH of his Word, with its reliable guidance and uplifting encouragement (Psalm 119:137-138).
45. Lavish UNDERSTANDING because he knows our weaknesses (Ephesians 1:7-8, Romans 8:26).
46. Assured VICTORY over Satan, because of Christ’s death and resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:57).
47. Divine WISDOM to determine right actions from wrong (James 1:5).
No doubt this is just a partial list. In fact, if you discover additional facets of God’s grace, I would love to hear from you. We can make this discovery process a team effort!
But even as the list stands now, these varied and glorious gifts of God’s grace prove his sufficiency. He is all we need (Isaiah 58:11).
* * * * * * * * * *
Thank you, Father, for showering us with your grace–grace that blesses us far beyond comprehension. You are indeed most worthy of our praise, because the greatness of your grace no one can fathom.