I am honored you’ve chosen to stop by From the Inside Out. This is a place to celebrate inner impressions from the Holy Spirit, and to aspire after outer expressions that bring delight to God.
Of course, the most obvious source of impression is Scripture. That’s why I love Bible study. The thrill of discovering truth-gems never grows old! Here at From the Inside Out, we turn often to scripture.
But Spirit-inspired impressions can happen anywhere at anytime. God continually manifests himself. He is always working, always speaking, always loving.
In addition, our Heavenly Father is very creative in the ways he reveals himself. We just need attentive eyes, ears, and hearts to notice.
My favorite form of expression is worship—not just on Sunday morning, although singing with my church family is high on the list of favorite things to do. However, I am discovering the joy of proclaiming God’s goodness throughout each day.
Such proclamations include praise for:
- a supportive, thoughtful husband
- three children, now leading productive adult lives, in spite of my parenting failures
- three delightful in-law children, whose company we greatly enjoy
- two spunky granddaughters, eight and three years old
- a brand-new granddaughter, born January 15, 2017
- many family members and friends with whom to share life
God also impresses upon me his goodness through these blessings, of which I’m especially fond:
- birds, clouds, and rainbows
- miraculous, God-engineered circumstances
- rose-colored glasses that cast a lovely glow on much of the past
- coffee, dark chocolate, and popcorn!
- words (Isn’t it wonderful that The Word allows us the sublime pleasure of communicating with words?)
- succinct, meaningful quotes—words at their best
Of course this is just a mere scrap of the list. God fills each day with his love-expressions. In turn they create impressions upon my heart. And in gratitude, I desire to be a love-expression myself. My guess is you feel the same.
Each Thursday I try to post a new impression, with the prayer that delightful expressions follow.