G.R.A.C.E. = God’s Riches at Christ’s Expense.
Many of us are familiar with that definition of God’s grace, based on Ephesians 1:7-8.
I like Matthew Henry’s definition, too:
Grace is the free, undeserved goodness and favor of God to mankind.
But I’m left wondering: What are those riches? What does God’s goodness look like?
The first undeserved favors we might think of include forgiveness, salvation, his peace and presence, guidance and joy. But surely there are more. How many more? I began to keep a list. It currently includes forty-seven aspects of grace.
Perhaps you’ll be awed and inspired as I was, contemplating the overwhelming riches that God supplies. All because of the price Jesus paid for us at the cross. Each one deserves careful thought, because each is a precious treasure. I’ll share twenty-three of them today, and the rest on Thursday. You’ll notice they’re organized in alphabetical order. A hierarchy would have been impossible.
GOD’S GRACE INCLUDES:
1. Unconditional ACCEPTANCE no matter what we’ve done (Luke 15:11-24).
2. Confident ACCESS to God, to talk to him any time, day or night (Hebrews 4:16).
3. Loving ADOPTION into his forever family (Ephesians 1:5).
4. Faithful ATTENTION to our prayers (Psalm 6:9).
5. Rich BLESSINGS to all who call upon him (Romans 10:12).
6. Attentive CARE through life’s ups and downs (1 Peter 5:7).
7. Compassionate COMFORT when we’re afflicted (Isaiah 49:13).
8. Trustworthy COUNSEL, offering guidance for the best way to live (Psalm 73:24).
9. Promised DELIVERANCE on which to set our hope (2 Corinthians 1:10).
10. Strong EMPOWERMENT to do what he asks , which is always in our best interest (Acts 1:8).
11. Continual FAVOR as a child of the King (Proverbs 8:35).
12. Augmented FELLOWSHIP with other Christians (1 John 1:7).
13. Complete FORGIVENESS for our sins (Hebrews 8:12).
14. Liberating FREEDOM from sin, death, worry, and fear (Romans 8:1-2).
15. Satisfying FRUITFULNESS for a productive life (Philippians 1:10-11).
16. Special GIFTS of the Spirit, not for just a few stellar believers, but for everyone (1 Corinthians 12:1-11).
17. Glorious HEAVEN to look forward to, with a place for each of us (John 14:2-3).
18. Competent HELP that is always near (Psalm 115:11).
19. The powerful HOLY SPIRIT, who is constantly working for us and in us (John 16:13, Romans 8:26-27).
20. Enduring HOPE which renews our strength (Psalm 62:5; Isaiah 40:31).
21. Reliable INSIGHT into God’s Word and how we can apply it to everyday living (2 Timothy 1:7).
22.Overflowing JOY, independent of circumstances (Psalm 16:11).
23. Unfailing JUSTIFICATION, because the God of the universe has declared us “not guilty” (Romans 3:23-24).
THINK OF IT:
THINK OF IT:
At the moment each person invites Jesus into his or her life, all of these riches become instantly available. Yet there are more. I hope you’ll be looking forward to Thursday’s list.
(Art and Photo credits: biblicallyshapedblogspot.com , wonders.wallpaperdave.com, gracefreak.dan.wordpress.com, barnabasonline.net, mintools.com/gifts-list.)